Green Power Option for Entergy New Orleans Customers
Entergy New Orleans’ Green Power Option gives residential and business customers in New Orleans the power to match their electricity usage with clean, renewable energy generated from new resources in Louisiana. Participating customers are now directly benefiting from resources like the New Orleans Solar Station and Commercial Rooftop Solar sites through the use of renewable energy certificates (RECs), which represent the environmental attributes of renewable electricity generation. Green Power Option is another way Entergy New Orleans and its customers are supporting the development of renewable resources and continuing our commitment to the environment.
Through Green Power Option, Entergy New Orleans will retire RECs on participating customers’ behalf to match their electric usage with solar energy generated locally across south Louisiana. Customers can choose from three different Green Pricing tiers, with the ability to match up to 100% of their energy usage with renewable energy, paying a small premium above their existing cost of electricity based on which of the three tiers (levels) they elect to participate.
Green Power Option is Green-e® Energy certified and meets the environmental and consumer-protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org.
Levels of pricing
Customers will have the ability to choose from 3 different green product tiers:
- 25% of their usage matched with green energy = 1.5 cent/kWh premium
- 50% of their usage matched with green energy = 1.25 cent/kWh premium
- 100% of their usage matched with green energy = 1 cent/kWh premium
For example, a residential customer using 1,000 kWh per month can expect to pay a monthly premium of:
- $3.75 under the 25% Tier (i.e., if customer’s monthly bill is $110, a customer enrolling in this tier of the GPO would pay $110 + $3.75.)
- $6.25 under the 50% Tier (i.e., if customer’s monthly bill is $110, a customer enrolling in this tier of the GPO would pay $110 + $6.25.)
- $10.00 under the 100% Tier (i.e., if customer’s monthly bill is $110, a customer enrolling in this tier of the GPO would pay $110 + $10.00.)
For more information or to enroll, contact GreenPowerNOLA@entergy.com or call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) to speak with a Customer Contact Representative.
Entergy New Orleans will buy and retire RECs (renewable energy credits) to match the customer's voluntary subscription size on an annual basis. Customers can modify participation level every six months and cancel at any time. A customer that leaves the program must wait seven months prior to re-enrolling.